A poll from the University of Hawaii Public Policy Center asked 600 residents for their thoughts on the state’s response to coronavirus.
- 88% thought various public health restrictions were “mostly reasonable.”
- 81% of residents agreed that they don’t want “tourists come to visit my community right now.”
- More than half said they still felt a little to very unsafe going to places with many other people.
- 7% said someone in their household had permanently lost a job.
- More than 1 in 3 said a household member had temporarily been laid off.